St. John the Evangelist Parish has an active conference of the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
WHAT WE DO
- We visit neighbors living in our parish who request our help by calling the St. Vincent de Paul Helpline Center at 206-767-6449.
- We help with food, rent, utilities and other needs.
- We keep all personal information confidential.
AND WHAT WE DON’T DO
- We don’t discriminate. We use our resources to help people of all ages, creeds, and ethnicities.
- We don’t judge. We listen to people who request help to determine their particular situation.
- We don’t waste our resources. All help our conference gives, is done by volunteers.
You can help us in several ways:
- Membership. We always need new members and the fresh perspectives and open hearts they bring.
We meet twice a month after the 8:30am Mass. Please contact the parish office at 206-782-2810 if you are interested in joining us.
- Financial support. All of the donations we receive are used to help our neighbors in need.
You can donate through the weekly envelopes or online.
- Prayer. Your prayers for us and those we serve are always needed.
We are grateful for your help.